The Ultimate Kayaking ChecklistFebruary 18, 2022 8:19 pm Leave your thoughts
Whether you’re going solo or out on the water with friends and family, kayak rental is a fantastic way to get outside and enjoy the weather while getting some exercise—but just like with any outdoor activity, you don’t want to head out the door without grabbing the proper kayaking equipment.
Keep reading to learn everything you need to bring before kayaking in Southwest Florida:
- Kayak and paddle: This should be obvious, but you’ll need a kayak and at least one paddle before you head out on the water. If you don’t own your own kayak, talk to our team at Cool Breeze Boats & Jet Ski Rentals about kayak rental. We have some of the best rates around, and we’ll even show you the ropes before you begin your adventure.
- Swimwear or shorts: We don’t recommend wearing pants while you’re kayaking, especially in Florida. Long pants can be uncomfortable, and you’re sure to get hot while you’re out on the water. A swimsuit or a pair of shorts are a much better choice.
- Moisture-wicking top: For a shirt, we advise a moisture-wicking top. This material will keep you comfortable when you sweat or if you do happen to get wet while you’re out kayaking.
- Hat: It’s a good idea to bring a hat to prevent your face or the top of your head from getting sunburned. Plus, you can dip your hat in the water and put it on your head if you start to get hot.
- Sandals or water shoes: We recommend wearing water shoes or sandals with straps while kayaking. Even though your feet might not get wet, you don’t want to risk the chance of ruining your favorite pair of athletic shoes.
- Padded gloves: If you’re planning on spending an entire day out on the water, you may want to add a pair of padded gloves to your kayak gear checklist. These gloves will prevent your hands from getting sore from gripping the paddle for extended periods.
- Sunglasses: The glare coming off the water can be blinding if you don’t have a pair of shades. Sunglasses, especially polarized ones, are invaluable while kayaking.
- Sunscreen: Even if there are some clouds in the sky, sunscreen is a must if you’re spending any time outside. There’s no quicker way to ruin your trip than getting sunburned.
- Camera: You’re sure to see plenty of wildlife when you’re kayaking in Florida, so be sure to bring your camera to capture all of the memories. Just be sure to store it in a waterproof bag.
- Insect repellent: Mosquitoes and other bugs are some unwelcome wildlife we have to deal with. The only way to fight them off is with a can of insect repellent.
- Water and snacks: You’ll burn plenty of calories while you’re out kayaking. Be sure to stay hydrated and well fed by bringing a water bottle and some healthy snacks to share with everyone.
Rent your kayak today
Now that you have all the items on your kayak gear checklist, it’s time to get out on the water. Contact Cool Breeze Boats & Jet Ski Rentals today to rent a kayak for a few hours or even a full day.
Categorised in: Kayak Rental
This post was written by Writer