Going kayaking is a great way to get some exercise, fresh air and sunshine. But just like with any aquatic recreation, you’ll need to be prepared before you hit the water. Keep reading to learn everything you need to bring for your kayak rental in Venice, FL:
- Kayak: First off, you’ll need a reliable kayak for your day on the water. Choose a kayak that’s appropriate for your skill level. Beginners should choose a wider kayak, as it’s more stable and easier to control.
- Spare paddle: It’s never a bad idea to bring an extra paddle along with you. You never know when yours might fall in the water! Bringing a spare will ensure you don’t have to swim back to shore if you lose your paddle.
- Life jacket: You may consider yourself a good swimmer, and you probably don’t intend to fall into the water. Even so, always wear a life vest during kayak rentals in Venice, FL. Wearing a life jacket could be the difference between life and death in the event of a sudden storm or mishap.
- Dry bag: Sudden large waves could drench all of the belongings in your kayak. For that reason, we recommend bringing a dry bag and keeping all of your belongings in there. The last thing you want is to ruin your phone on your kayaking adventure!
- Food and water: Kayaking can be a real workout, and the sun’s heat can drain your energy and make you dehydrated. For those reasons, always pack some extra food and water. Healthy snacks, like carrots, apples and trail mix, give you an extra boost of energy to finish out the day.
- Signaling whistle: Nobody ever plans on needing emergency services while they’re kayaking, but unfortunately, it happens more often than you’d think. Carry a signaling whistle on your life jacket to help flag down other boaters if you need help.
- Swimwear: We always recommend wearing a swimsuit while you’re kayaking. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, and getting your clothes soaked while you’re kayaking will really put a damper on the day.
- Sunscreen: It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on any time you go outdoors, especially when you’re spending all day on the water. In addition to putting on your sunscreen before you get out on the water, remember to reapply every few hours.
- Hat: Along with applying sunscreen, wear a hat to protect your face and head. A large-brimmed hat can also help shield your neck from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Sunglasses: Sunlight reflecting off the water can be blinding! Invest in a pair of polarized sunglasses that will help shield your eyes and allow you to see deeper into the water.
Rent your kayaks from Cool Breeze Boats and Jet Ski Rentals!
Begin your next kayaking adventure by visiting Cool Breeze Boats and Jet Ski Rentals! Whether you’re an experienced kayaker or a first-timer, nobody beats our selection or prices when it comes to kayak rentals in Venice, FL.
Categorised in: Kayak Rental
This post was written by Writer