How to Choose the Right KayakAugust 14, 2019 11:17 pm Leave your thoughts
If you’re on vacation and looking for kayak rentals in Venice, FL, you may be wondering how to choose the right kayak. Choosing the right kayak for your water adventure has a huge impact on your overall enjoyment of the activity, and we want to make sure you make the best choice for you and your vacation partners. Read on to learn more about the types of kayaks you can choose for your kayak rental in Venice, FL:
- Sit-on-top kayaks: Sit-on-top kayaks are flat water kayaks that do not have closed cockpits, making them easy to get into and get out of. They are wider than other types of kayaks, which makes them very stable. They are great for fishing, as well, because they ensure that your gear is easily accessible. Their one disadvantage is that they can create a wet ride due to splashing, which is okay for summer but might be an issue in the winter.
- Recreational kayaks: Recreation kayaks are another type of flat water kayak with a closed cockpit. The opening is fairly large, and should be sufficient for you and a small child. They are shorter than some types of kayaks, at about 10 feet long. They are flexible for various applications because you can leave the cockpit open for a cool ride in the summer or use a skirt for a dryer trip. They are cheaper than touring kayaks as well and easier to store. However, their short size makes them slower than some other types.
- Touring kayaks: Touring kayaks are longer, at about 12 feet. They have smaller cockpits than recreational kayaks, and are narrower, making them easier to steer. The thigh braces in the cockpit make it easy for the paddler to roll himself upright if the kayak rolls over. They are quite fast, and are often equipped with a rudder for turning. They are most often used on long trips across large bodies of water, and not typically used for family vacations.
- Pedaling kayaks: Pedaling kayaks are great for people who have back or shoulder issues. They’re fun because you can go much farther distances. However, they are more expensive than other types of kayaks.
- Inflatable water kayaks: Inflatable water kayaks are more recreational and toy-like than most of the other types of flat water kayaks. They do not offer great steering or comfort. However, they are much cheaper than most other kayaks, and fine for casual use.
At Cool Breeze Boats and Jet Ski Rentals, we have all the kayak rentals in Venice, FL that you need, however many people you have with you, whether they’re adults or children. Make sure you dress for the water, and plan on getting splashed and wet, as well as being out in the sun. You may want to discuss the type of kayak you want to rent with your party before arriving. We also have multi-person kayaks for those who want to paddle together. If you’ve never paddled before, no worries—we’d love to show you the ropes!
Categorised in: Kayak Rental
This post was written by Writer