Are you excited to set sail on the open water? Can’t wait to feel the sun and wind on your face? If you’re reading this, the answer is probably “yes!” But before boarding, you and your passengers must understand and agree to the boat rental company’s rules. Here are five safety tips for everyone considering boat rentals in Venice, FL this summer:
- Be prepared: It’s always better to be over-prepared, especially if you are renting a boat you are not familiar with or boating in an area that’s new to you. You should also double check that your boat rental has current maps and charts on board so you can navigate safely through the water. Another important thing to do before heading out is to make sure the boat is in good condition and has documented evidence of up-to-date maintenance.
- Check the weather ahead of time: It’s important to be prepared for any type of weather and to be aware of the forecast. If a storm is in the forecast and you don’t have experience boating in inclement weather, consider going out another time, or plan to stay pretty close to shore. Novices and experienced boaters need to keep in mind the fact that a sunny and calm day can quickly turn stormy. Don’t hesitate to head back to shore if you notice the signs of severe weather approaching, such as darkening clouds, a drop in temperature or changing winds.
- Rent a boat you know: There will likely be a few boat options to choose from, but it’s recommended that you rent a type of boat you have experience operating. This is because every boat has its own design and functions, so each will ride and handle differently. If you really want to rent a watercraft that you are not at all familiar with, either invite a capable friend along or hire a captain the drive your boat.
- Know local boating rules: Avoid getting hit with a fine or misdemeanor! No matter where you plan to go boating, you must understand the local rules and regulations. Different states and counties can have different laws and requirements—your boat rental company should have this information posted in their office or on board each boat. It’s especially important for you to know the rules if you are a boater under 21 years old or you’re from out of state or out of the country.
- Never drive a boat while intoxicated: It is never safe to pilot a boat while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It doesn’t matter how many years of experience you have with driving boats—drinking and boating is not an option. The weather can change suddenly, or there could be other watercraft close by, and both of these situations are where you need a clear head in order to make the right decisions at a moment’s notice to prevent a disaster.
Cool Breeze Boats & Jet Ski Rentals is the place to go for the best boat rentals in Venice, FL. Call us today for more information, or book your rental online!
Categorised in: Boat Rental
This post was written by Writer