Stay Safe During a Kayak Rental in Venice, FL with These Five Simple TipsMarch 19, 2019 12:03 am Leave your thoughts
Ocean kayaking is one of the most fun activities for visitors to Venice, FL. It’s the perfect opportunity to hit the open water, soak up the sun, relax and learn a new activity. One of the best things about kayaking is that it’s very safe and can be easily learned in just a few minutes. Of course, it is vital to understand that things can go wrong quickly and even become dangerous. It’s incredibly important to understand the risks involved with kayaking. Following a few safety precautions is key to staying safe while enjoying kayak rentals in Venice, FL:
- Wear a life jacket: It doesn’t matter if you think the life jacket is ugly or uncomfortable—you must wear it. Falling into the water, especially in the ocean, can be very dangerous even if you are a strong swimmer. A life jacket is one of the most important protections and the simplest way to prevent something like a flipped kayak from turning into a life-threatening emergency. Most companies offering kayak rentals in Venice, FL will require you to wear a life jacket.
- Don’t mix alcohol with kayaking: This is one disaster that can easily be avoided. Never drink before kayaking. Any level of inebriation can impair your judgment and put both yourself and other kayakers at risk.
- Dress for the water: Every beginning kayaker will eventually find themselves in the water. That’s why it’s important to dress for the water temperature instead of the air temperature. Bring along several layers of clothing that will dry quickly. Remember to also pack a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun. Wear either water shoes or sturdy sandals that have a strap along the ankle.
- Watch the weather conditions: The weather conditions can change quickly out on the open ocean. A good kayaker should always be aware of the anticipated conditions and the water temperature. Be prepared for any possible changes in the weather by bringing the right clothing, such as a wet suit or dry suit. Don’t hesitate to head back to shore if you don’t feel comfortable as the waves grow more intense or the sky darkens.
- Choose an appropriate location: Choose a paddling location that is appropriate for your experience level. Beginners should opt for an environment that offers protection against the wind and waves, in addition to access points for launching and landing. Steer clear of areas that have a lot of motorized boat traffic or a high current. Your kayak rental company can always recommend a few areas that will be ideal for your skill level.
Are you ready to hit the water? Contact Cool Breeze Boats and Jet Ski Rentals for more information about our kayak rentals in Venice, FL. We offer single and double kayaks for both hourly and daily rentals at unbeatable prices. Our affordable rentals are sure to be the highlight of your trip. Give us a call or stop by today to speak to one of our friendly staff members!
Categorised in: Kayak Rental
This post was written by Writer