Jet skiing is one of the most popular activities here on the gulf. People love jetting around, seeing the sights and enjoying the thrills and speed of the watercraft. However, if you’re a beginner, it’s important to make sure you are fully prepared for the activity before you hit the water.
With this in mind, here are some tips you should carefully read before coming out for jet ski rentals in Venice, FL:
- Make sure you’re safely prepared: Safety is of the utmost priority any time you go out in a personal watercraft, especially a jet ski. Jet skis reach high speeds, and you alone are responsible for how you operate the equipment. No matter how experienced you are with jet skiing, swimming or being on the water, it’s imperative you wear a life vest while out on the jet ski. Make sure the vest is properly and securely fastened before you even think about starting up the jet ski.
- Bringing the jet ski into the water: Once you have connected to the shut-off clip on the engine, have your life jacket fastened and have gotten aboard the jet ski, you can begin moving out into the water. Grasp the handles firmly throughout the entirety of your ride to maintain full control over the jet ski at all times. Whenever you are ready to begin moving, engage the throttle slowly. You should keep a low speed while you are close to the shore, never moving at more than 10 miles per hour for your safety and the safety of others.
- Turning: Beginners often have difficulty turning, especially once they get farther out from shore. Don’t worry—this is totally normal! Practice turning while riding at a slow speed before you go out farther onto the water and increase your speed. Keep practicing until you are completely comfortable and are sure you are going to be able to keep your balance while making quicker turns. It’s best to practice closer to shore to avoid hitting other watercraft.
- Speeding up: Once you’ve gotten the hang of turning and the feel for the machine, you can move out into deeper water. Increase your speed slowly, as bolting out into the water could cause a collision or make you fall off, especially as a beginner. When you gain speed, the front of the jet ski will rise up slightly above the water. Relax and hold on.
- Prepare for jumps: Occasionally when you are traveling at a high rate of speed, your jet ski might jump some waves and become airborne. This becomes even more enjoyable once you have mastered jet skiing. When your jet ski rises above the surface of the water, tilt up just a few inches over your seat to brace yourself for impact when you hit the water again.
We are pleased to offer plenty of other jet skiing tips for beginners. Contact Cool Breeze Boats and Jet Ski Rentals today for more information about our jet ski rentals in Venice, FL!
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by admin